“This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of OshKosh B’gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
I and another Dad were having a conversation the other day. About our sons and dating. I know sounds premature seeing that my boys are 2 and 5. But at what age should we teach our sons how to date. We came to the conclusion that the best and most age appropriate way was to date our wives in front of them. I mean ultimately we want them to be as good if not better husbands than we are. So we started to ask ourselves why and we came up with 5 great reasons to Date your spouse in front of you sons.
- Shows them that you love her: Love is a verb in my house and this means my actions are just if not more important than word when it comes to showing how to love.
- Teaches him respect for her as a woman, not just mom.: My sons will learn how to treat a woman by the actions that I display with their mother.
- Help build a space to discuss feeling and emotions: As they get older they will begin to ask you why are doing this nice thing for mommy and you have a safe environment to discuss feeling and emotions and what they mean to them.
- Shows you know how to love: As men, we often hide our emotions because that is what society has taught us. But that is not emotionally healthy. I don’t want to raise boys that are afraid of their feeling. But give them tools and examples to embrace how the feel.
- The value of relationships: Men are not often taught how and why you should value relationships. By prioritizing my wife it will set an example of putting other before yourself and doing something kind for them out of love.
Take advantage of this year’s valentines and take your spouse out and get your sons involved. Don’t over think it! I keep it simple. I took the boys to Oshkosh B gosh and got them some new collared shirts and pants. So they could be fly for mommy then we spent an afternoon at the park and went out to dinner. This will be a standing tradition going forward.
Not only will she love this time so will you.
OshKosh will be running a giveaway which they are awarding 5 lucky winners a $100 gift card. In order to be considered eligible for the giveaway, share a photo of their Valentine’s Day date night activity with their kid on Instagram or Twitterusing the #bgoshbeminegiveaway.
Check out the OshKosh Valentine’s Valentine’s Day Pinterest board to get Date night outfit ideas.
COUPON CODE: Online Only: OKBG3273 Retail code: 036643
Offer: 20% off $40+ purchase in store and online, standard exclusions apply.